Saturday 19 September 2015

Lifestyle | Manicures, Movies and Munchies...

Hello my Lovelies, so as you can see from the Blog title this post is a bit of a mix. Basically its just a few little things from how I spent my day yesterday...


So it all started with an early morning and my first caffeine intake of the day as I woke for a full day in College. I hate to admit it but Fridays tend to be the worst day class-wise on my course. From 9am until 12:30 my class is Anatomy. This is the only class that doesn't involve any practical whatsoever and I'm pretty sure that's the reason I grudge it. Yesterday was a serious struggle for me, I had a maximum of 4 hours sleep and I'm pretty sure I saw every hour of the night.

If you're wanting a visual description I felt exactly like this on the inside...

Neeed more caffeine

Luckily the Afternoon went much better after having a Mocha from the downstairs College Cafe. Friday Afternoons are Makeup and Eyebrows, so I after 3 weeks of being on a ban from touching my eyebrows I finally had them tweezed, trimmed, shaped you name it! It felt amazing and made my weekend! No more walking about feeling judged on my unkempt eyebrows...

Friday Night


I spent my Friday night over at my Friends new flat. We ordered in Chinese Takeaway and stuck on Django -which I can honestly say to this day I have still not seen the whole film- and we both started catching up on everything that we had been up to since last seeing each other and finding out the gossip from back home (a small Island where everyone knows each other and each others business).

Munchies and Movies

Finally after a good few hours of chatting we got round to the real reason for my visit... I needed a guinea pig to trial a French Manicure on! This was my first ever attempt at a French Manicure and nicely enough my friend volunteered her nails. Unfortunately or more fortunately for her she is a Nurse and although I would spend the next hour on her nails these would have to be back to short, polish free nails the next morning.

My Set Up for the French Manicure

 So off to work I went filing, buffing, shaping and of course painting. I decided to take a lot off the length as she would be needing short nails for starting back at work...

Nails Before I got my hands on them
The Finished Product 


For my first attempt they turned out really well. I'll admit they aren't perfect! There are definitely a couple of slip ups but who can tell, and they will be cleaned off in the morning!


As the saying goes Practice makes Perfect and I'm sure I will improve with time and experience...


Stay Beautiful,
Shona Marie xo

Follow my Insta @Belle_Chic


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to leave a link to your Blog in the comments so I can check it out....